Friday, February 23, 2018

Speaking: Not everyone's cuppa tea!


Contrary to what most mention about time, which is of course short, I have time to listen to and watch the fiery speakers and authors of today exclusively on YouTube. As inspirational and stimulating as it may seem on the onset of any speakers, the power of words and the ability to put the right words in the right moment is intelligence as well as a handy skill. Not many that I have come across possess such skill which of course includes me. As an educator for many years public speaking is and still remains a daunting challenge for me. Learning to listen to speakers of motivation is what I found and seek refuge in while trying to speak on academics and not necessarily politics.

I have had our very own TS Powdyel sir whom I love to listen to this day. The former Prime Minister, JYT is another fiery speaker who I admire. President Barack Obama is world leader and I am fascinated with his speeches especially, “This is not a nation of White America, brown America, Hispanic America, Asian America, republican America or a Democratic America, This is the United States of America” and this very line among others catapulted him to be the first African- American president of the United States.

Aspiring to be a full time writer someday in my coming years, I now grudgingly believe writing and speaking must go hand in hand. Even Adolf Hitler had his ‘Mein Kampf’ published before he became the fieriest speaker of the pre WWII era. Another recent favorite of mine is a friend of Bhutan, Dr. Shashi Tharoor, an acclaimed Author and a diplomat from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala Southern India. If you may, besides the chores that keep you busy, try YouTube-ing his name and you will be amazed at how he mesmerizes his audience. I now aspire to speak like him, not sure if that may sound funny to you.






All in all, I am here in this video trying to think of all of my inspirations till date while speaking for seven minutes at an educational conference at a place called Khao Yai in Thialand. A three hour drive from where my university is. I have some pictures posted for you to see of this magical place which of course is a tourist destination. I would love to hear from you and don’t forget to leave your comments in the section below. Happy Listening!

Due to the large size of the video, I couldn't upload it here but do click the link below for the video and not forgetting Deki and Gaki for the video, thank you guys! 



Click this link: Conference Paper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment