Monday, April 10, 2017

I couldn’t come up with a suitable title to fit my update this time…

Scrolling Facebook, doing nothing in the hot afternoon yesterday, I came across this picture which was posted by XYZ, a Facebook friend of mine. The picture was titled, “If the nation calls, our monks are also ready to serve the nation”. My immediate thoughts after seeing this was like, ‘What the heck?”. I am not against what was written or why this had to be a Facebook update. This is just my personal reality check on what many might think.

Facebook
Well, coming back to the picture, I felt and still feel pity on the young monk who posed with a toy-gun. There is a metaphorical reality between the path that he chose and the one that he is holding. Compassion vs. Violence! Well by looking at the picture you can draw your own conclusions. For me as an individual, he should be holding books instead of toy gun. It is up to the adults to choose what things we give to our innocent kids. What would have ‘Chillips’ thought about it if they came across this scene not forgetting this was during the much revered and celebrated Paro Tshechu.

There can be interpretations in millions if I ask you to comment on the picture but following some wise advice, there are always three sides to an argument; the right side, the wrong side and my side. I can only claim to be on my side. Look at his face, the robe he is wearing and the toy he posed with!

Good day folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment