Monday, April 17, 2017

Protecting Bhutan’s Backdrop…

Yesterday I paid a chance visit to the famous Druk Wangyel Chortens at Dochula on a mundane weekend drive. With nothing to do at home my wife agreed to the idea of going there. The site was filled with Indians. Some were of Asian origin listening attentively to their guides. The sun was stunningly bright and the view was just breadth-taking. I took some pictures of the scenery there and while returning, the waste hidden beside the roads made me update this here on my blog.

Being proud of the flora and fauna here is a liability if waste is not managed, especially plastics from fast foods. I felt a need to volunteer for a cleaning campaign there if Dochula’s serenity is to be maintained. Looking closely at the trash littered beside the roads made me think of the BBC news some years ago, which highlighted of Nepal’s mountains and sites full of trash contributed by the tourists and locals alike. I fear this will definitely not be the case with our country.

April 16, 2017 2:20 PM
Just see for yourself the view that mesmerized me. Isn’t this beauty worth protecting? Although driving posh cars there are people who throw away their trash while driving. Please don’t do this my fellow readers and I know you don’t. This is just a case with Dochula. How many such Las’s is Bhutan dotted with?

People around the world pay heavy sums just to watch scenes like this and I thought about this for a while. Such scenes constitute Bhutan’s back drop and let us protect it.

Good day ahead!





No comments:

Post a Comment